Dates payasam is one of the simplest, super delicious and healthy desserts. It tastes too good and don’t have to add any sweetener as the sweetness of dates is more than enough for this kheer. So you can give it to babies without adding nuts and to kids in evening. This is also best served as morning drink instead of giving store bought mixes.
It is mild in sweetness and tastes great when served chill than warm. This can also be enjoyed as healthy summer drink by refrigerating. You can also add coconut milk to the kheer finally or condensed milk for making it richer.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Oats Dates Lassi
- Dates milkshake
- Papaya dates cake
- Oats and dates cookies
- Dates and biscuit pudding
- Wheat bread dates pancake
- Homemade dates syrup
I have uploaded the video recipe of dates payasam below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Soaking time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Dates – 15
- Milk – 3 and 1/2 cups
- Cardamom – 3
- Dry ginger – 1/2 inch
- Chopped nuts – 3 tbsp
1. Remove the seeds of dates and soak it in a cup of milk for 15 minutes.
2. Take cardamom and dry ginger in mortar and crush into powder using pestle.
3. Once soaked, add the dates along with milk to a blender and blend into smooth paste. Keep aside.
4. Boil remaining milk in a pan and once it comes to boil, reduce flame and add the dates paste to it.
5. Mix well and keep boiling in low flame stirring occasionally until it reduces a little.
6. Add crushed cardamom, dry ginger and stir. Once it becomes slightly thick, remove from flame and add chopped nuts.
7. You can also add nuts, dates or coconut pieces fried in ghee. I have skipped adding ghee.
8. Mix well and serve it warm or chilled.