Dates syrup is one of the recipe that I wanted to do for a long time. This is not only healthy but also tasty. I started giving this syrup mixing with milk for Shravanthi daily in morning and she seems to like it so much. This can also be used as spread for chapathi or roti, can be added to desserts or milk as natural sweetner. This involves little work but you will be really happy and satisfied with the result obtained. This can be given to babies from 8 months and makes great source of iron.
- Dates – 1/2 kg
- Water – 1 cup
1. Chop the dates into small pieces for easy cooking and remove the seeds.
2. Take the dates in a pan and add water until the dates gets immersed and boil in medium flame for two minutes or until it becomes soft.
3. Allow it to cool and transfer to a mixer and blend into fine puree without adding extra water.
4. Filter the puree with strainer to seperate the dates water and thick puree. This puree is usually discarded but don’t waste it and watch my space for a interesting delicious pudding recipe using that puree.
5. Now boil that dates water in a pan keeping in medium flame and stir it occassionally to prevent burning. When it comes to boil keep it in low flame.
6. Continue boiling until it reaches thick honey like consistency. Once cooled it becomes little thick so switch off the flame accordingly. Remove from flame and allow it to cool completely.
7. Transfer it to an airtight container or glass jar and refrigerate.
So as I mentioned, prepared a yummy delicious dates and biscuit pudding with the strained dates puree. Do try this delightful pudding and you will definitely do it again.