Dragon fruit smoothie bowl is a thick, creamy, healthy smoothie prepared with fruits and nuts. The smoothie topped with many fresh fruits, nuts and seeds makes it a perfect breakfast. Dragon fruit which is also called as Pitaya is popular in Asian countries. The color of the fruit inside is either pink or white. I often prepare smoothie for giving to shravanthi in evening when she is one year. As she started eating all family foods I have stopped blending fruits and give it as such. This dragon fruit is new to me and got it in market to give a try.
If you ask me about the taste of dragon fruit, it is tasteless, flavorless and reminds me of kiwi fruit. It is crunchy, spongy and soft inside. But when combined into a smoothie with other fruits it is absolutely delicious. It is loaded with antioxidants and vitamins. This smoothie bowl contains goodness of banana, dragon fruit, figs, almonds and coconut milk.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Dragon fruit – 1
- Banana – 1
- Dried figs – 5
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Banana – 1 sliced
- Dried figs – 5
- Almonds – 10
- Raisins – 10
- Dates syrup / honey – 2 tbsp
1. Cut the dragon fruit into two halves and scoop out the flesh using a spoon. Soak dried fig in warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Combine dragon fruit, banana, figs, lemon juice, coconut milk and honey in a blender.
3. Blend everything together until smooth and pour into a deep bowl.
4. Top with sliced banana, figs and almonds in a line. Drizzle dates syrup and serve immediately.
You can also add any seasonal fruits of your choice and chai seeds for crunchy taste.
Enjoy this smoothie bowl for breakfast.