The dry fruits powder can be given to babies of 8 months. I was waiting for my baby to reach 8 months so I can prepare this healthy powder and add it into any puree or porridge. This is very good option for weight gain in babies. Any dry fruits and nuts can be added to make it rich.
- Badam- 1 cup
- Cashews – 1 cup
- Pista – 1 cup
- Saffron strands – 1/2 tsp
- Dry ginger / sukku – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – pinch
- Cardamom – 2
- Dry roast badam, pista, cashews in a pan separately till it turns colour and roasts completely.
- Allow it to cool for few minutes and transfer to mixie jar.
- Add dry ginger, saffron strands to it and grind everything together into a fine powder. Add turmeric,cardamom and give a spin.
- When it cools, store in airtight container.
- This stays good for more than a month if preserved well.
- Do not grind it more as dry fruits will leave oil and it would start forming lumps.