Godhumai halwa is one of the easy halwa recipe that can be prepared for any occasions. It is delicious and just melts in mouth. It requires little effort by continuous stirring but totally worth the effort. I have prepared this halwa in large amount for my relatives but had only a cup of halwa for taking pictures. The quantity mentioned here is for six people so don’t compare with the quantity in pictures as I have prepared for the whole family.
I am sending this recipe as a guest post for my blogger friend Sharmila (happytrio), who has given us a delicious whole wheat oats brownie recipe as guest post before.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 5-6
- Wheat flour / atta – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Nuts – for garnishing
- Cardamom – 1
1. Heat a pan and add half quantity of ghee from the mentioned quantity. Add the wheat flour and roast it well for 15 minutes in low flame.
2. The flour has to slightly change color and give nice aroma.
3. Add water and keep stirring in low flame for few minutes. It may get burned quickly so keep stirring until it becomes thick.
4. Add sugar and cardamom to it and stir well. The halwa will loosen again as sugar melts. Pour the remaining ghee to the halwa and mix.
5. Cook until the ghee oozes out and halwa starts leaving the sides becoming glossy.
6. Garnish with nuts fried in ghee.
The delicious Atta halwa is ready.
Serve warm and enjoy this halwa for any festival.