Banana custard fresh toast is a simple yet extremely delicious kids friendly recipe. This can be given to kids as snacks in evening. Banana is my favorite fruit and I love to eat it daily. When banana and bread is combined it gives awesome taste and flavor. I have used custard powder too to coat the bread that gives a pleasant yellow color to the toast. Try this French toast and I am sure you will make it again for kids as Shravanthi liked it so much.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Bread slices – 8
- Banana – 5 medium size
- Custard powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Milk – 3 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Ghee – as needed for toasting
1. Mash bananas well in a deep bowl. Add custard powder, vanilla essence and milk to the mashed banana.
2. Whisk everything together to make it like a thick batter.
3. Heat a frying pan and drizzle some ghee. Dip one side of the bread slice in banana mixture such that it coats well and place it on pan.
4. Cook for a minute and spread a spoon of banana mixture on top side of the bread. Flip gently and cook until done.
5. Transfer to serving plate, top with banana slices and honey or chocolate syrup.
- White bread or brown bread can be used. I have prepared with milk bread.
- Banana we cook soon. Add generous amount of ghee or butter so that the toast doesn’t stick to the pan.
- No need to add sugar as the sweetness in bread and banana is enough. If using brown bread then add a tsp of sugar if needed.