Paneer bhurji capsicum masala gravy is a tasty restaurant style side dish recipe. It goes well with rice, chapathi, phulka or naan. Paneer and capsicum is a wonderful combo and complements each other taking the taste to next level when added to the recipe.
I made this gravy in ten minutes when I had no time to cook side dish for rice. This is a quick paneer gravy as you don’t have to grind anything as like other paneer recipes. Paneer bhurji is usually dry recipe but this recipe is semi dry gravy version. I have added crumbled paneer to make it like a bhurji recipe. You can also add paneer in cubes. I had a pack of paneer lying in fridge so thought of preparing a south Indian style paneer gravy adding the spices.
You may also like other paneer recipes here:
- Chettinad paneer mint biryani
- Paneer pepper fry
- Kadai paneer masala
- Paneer peas biryani
- Vermicelli paneer pakoda
- Eggless whole wheat paneer cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of paneer bhurji capsicum gravy below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Paneer – 200 gms
- Capsicum – 1
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cloves – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp (optional)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
1. Crumble paneer with hands and keep aside. Wash and remove the seeds inside from the capsicum. Chop into cubes.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds. Saute for a minute.
3. Add green chilli and chopped onion and saute until it turns color. Add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
4. Add tomato and saute well until it turns soft. Add capsicum and cook for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add turmeric powder, sambar powder and garam masala powder. Stir well in low flame until raw smell of masala goes.
6. Add little water and cook for few minutes until it becomes thick.
7. Now add crumbled paneer along with required salt. Stir well and cook in low flame for 2-3 minutes until the paneer gets cooked.
8. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve it hot with rice or chapathi.