Egg fried rice is an easy and delicious variety rice. I like to eat egg fried rice in restaurants. I tried it in Indian style without adding any sauces or vegetables and by adding some masala spices, it was super delicious than the normal fried rice. It is more of south Indian style and I have added bread slices which takes the taste to next level.
This is definitely a very big hit at my home and I am sure your kids will love it. Also it is healthier as we do not add any readymade Soya or tomato sauces. I didn’t add any vegetables and made it in hurry. You can add veggies like carrots, cabbage or onion springs.
You may also like other egg recipes here:
- Bread omelette
- Cabbage egg thoran
- Egg dum biryani
- Egg masala bonda
- Egg masala fry
- South Indian egg thokku
- Egg drop gravy
- Capsicum egg podimas
- Egg omelette
- Egg bhurji
- Egg fry
I have uploaded the video recipe of Indian style egg and bread fried rice below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Egg – 5
- Onion – 1
- Bread slices – 4
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1/2 inch
- Cloves – 2
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper seeds – 15
- Sambar powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
1. Chop the onion finely. Break eggs to a bowl and whisk it. Keep aside. You can use cooked rice or leftover rice.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add cinnamon, Cloves and cumin seeds. Once it splutters add onion and saute well.
3. Once the onion becomes translucent, add ginger garlic paste and saute until raw smell goes.
4. Reduce the flame to medium. Pour the eggs and scramble them.
5. Add crushed pepper, sambar powder an required salt. Combine everything together and cook until the eggs are completely cooked.
6. Tear the bread slices roughly and add to the cooked eggs. Mix everything together until the breads are coated well. Add little more oil if needed.
7. Add cooked rice and mix. Stir well on medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
8. Check for salt and garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot and enjoy.
- Adding sambar powder to this recipe is optional. But sambar powder gives a wonderful taste, flavor and color to the fried rice.
- I have added wheat bread. You can also add milk bread.
- You can also add vegetables to make it healthier.