Egg halwa is a unique dessert recipe that can be prepared as a surprise dish for any party or occasions. Egg halwa is traditional dessert of Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is tasty, healthy and can be prepared easily with minimal ingredients.
This requires constant stirring and adding vanilla essence or cardamom to the halwa is important to get rid of egg smell. I saw this recipe in facebook group for the first time and felt it very different. So immediately tried it and everybody liked a lot. My people at home couldn’t even guess it is egg and thought of paneer. Finally after eating I revealed them it is egg halwa and all are surprised.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of egg halwa below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Eggs – 3
- Milk – 1 cup
- Condensed milk – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Saffron – pinch
- Chopped nuts – 2 tbsp
- Raisins – 1 tbsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Break eggs and add it to bowl. Beat it well.
2. Add milk, condensed milk cardamom powder and sugar to the eggs. Whisk everything until combined.
3. Heat a pan, add ghee and pour the egg mixture into it.
4. Keep stirring it in medium flame. Add saffron and cook for few minutes until it thickens.
5. Add a tsp of ghee, chopped nuts and raisins to the egg mixture. Mix and fry until it turns golden.
6. When the halwa stops sticking to pan, remove from flame and transfer to serving dish.
7. The delicious egg halwa is ready.
8. Enjoy this unique halwa making for any occassions.