Egg kothu chapathi recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Egg kothu chapathi is a hotel style kothu parotta made with whole wheat leftover chapathis. This is easy to make and makes a perfect meal for dinner or as evening snack. If you like kothu parotta then the same can be made with chapathi that tastes equally good. I didn’t add any salna in making this kothu parotta. If you wanted to make it in hotel style then add egg salna.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of egg kothu chapathi below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Chapathi – 3
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
1. Tear the chapathis roughly into pieces. Take eggs in a bowl, whisk well and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds. Let it splutter, then add chopped onion and saute until translucent.
3. Add slitted green chilli and ginger garlic paste. Saute well until raw smell goes.
4. Now add chopped tomato and cook until soft and mushy. Add required salt, chilli powder, garam masala powder and Coriander powder.
5. Stir well and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs and stir until combined into egg crumbles.
6. Add the chapathi pieces and stir well until all the pieces is combines with egg mixture. Sprinkle pepper powder and cook for 2-3 minutes.
7. Switch off the flame and garnish with Coriander leaves.
8. Serve hot and enjoy.