This banana walnut cake is spongy, soft, crunchy and has a great texture. I have ripened banana at home so tried banana recipes like this cake with walnut and banana nutella ice cream. Banana and walnut are very good combination when added in making cakes and we loved having this eggless cake. I have added a new small cute baking pan to my baking sets collections (that you will see in pics below) and was excited to get a such a perfect, spongy cake.
- Banana – 2
- Chopped walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – pinch
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Oil/butter – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1/4 cup
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degree. Prepare the baking tin by greasing and sprinkling some flour.
2. Peel and mash the banana in a bowl using fork or hand.
3. Then add sugar, oil and vanilla essence to the mashed banana and mix well until the sugar gets dissolved. This is wet ingredients.
4. In a separate bowl take wheat flour, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix well.
5. Now add the wet ingredients and water to the flour and stir everything together until combined.
6. Add the chopped walnuts and give a stir. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes.
7. Then Insert a tooth pick at centre to check if the cake is done. Let it cool down completely and invert into a plate.
8. Slice and serve.