Black grapes wheat cake is a healthy and yummy cake. This is very good option to make kids eat grapes. I was thinking of doing a cake and found only banana and grapes at home. Banana is an usual option so thought of trying with grapes and to my surprise it turned out so well. It tastes really different and delicious and moreover it is very very soft. I am sending this recipe as guest post to my friend Kalyani’s kitchenkathukutty blog.
I prepared the cake in night, I had only a small piece to check the taste and kept it in refrigerator. Morning when I opened the refrigerator, found only half of the cake and below is the picture of the cake in morning. My husband who is not a big fan of cake, ate that and told me it’s so good and the pieces of grapes that comes in between while eating gives a twist to the taste. Again a happy me and that’s why I love baking each and every day 🙂
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup
- Black grapes – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Milk – 1/2 + 1/4 cup
- Strawberry essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tblspn
1. Wash the grapes, cut into two halves and remove seeds. Preheat oven to 180°C and line the baking pan with parchment paper and grease with oil.
2. Sift wheat flour, baking powder and salt together and mix.
3. Take sugar in a mixing bowl, add oil, 1/2 cup of milk,strawberry essence, lemon juice to it. Mix well until sugar dissolves and everything is combined.
4. Add flour to the wet ingredients slowly and fold gently to get a thick batter. Then pour remaining 1/4 cup of milk and mix gently to get batter in dosa batter consistency.
5. Now add chopped grapes to the batter and mix gently. Pour into prepared pan.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Let it cool completely then slice and enjoy. Look how soft and cute the cake is !!!
- This also can be prepared with seedless green grapes. The grapes will release water and will look little watery in the area where grapes lie but it does not affect the taste and would be absolutely delicious.
- Vanilla essence can also be added if you don’t have strawberry esssence.