The custard bread butter pudding is a simple dessert to make but it is so so yummy. This can be prepared as a appealing dessert for any party. This pudding is very pleasing and makes anyone drool. The combination of colors with yellow pudding, red cherries and green pistachios makes a real treat to eyes. I have seen this recipe in a book long ago and tried it without eggs. This recipe goes for better butter contest for butter recipes. Try this and kids will definitely ask for more.
Here is the video recipe of bread butter custard pudding. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes:
- Bread – 5 slices
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Custard powder – 3 tsp
- Butter – 1 cup (melted)
- Raisins – 1/4 cup
- Pistachio chopped – 1/4 cup
1. Take a round baking pan and grease with butter. Preheat oven to 180° C.
2. Boil milk in a pan adding sugar, vanilla essence and custard powder in medium flame.
3. Stir continuously until it becomes little thick. It may take 2-3 minutes. This is custard sauce.
4. Cut bread into small pieces and add half of the quantity to the bottom of baking pan.
5. Pour the melted butter over the bread slices. Add little raisins and pistachios.
6. Pour half quantity of custard sauce over it and again put next layer of bread slices.
7. Then again pour remaining butter and remaining custard sauce on top and smooth the layer with spoon.
8. Add chopped pistachios and cherries on top and bake it for 35-40 minutes until the top changes color slightly and becomes crispy.
9. Once baked, let it cool completely. Slice and serve pouring custard sauce on top.
10. Enjoy this delicious dessert.