Chocolate brownie is my favorite dessert to enjoy with a scoop of ice cream. I wanted to make a breakfast waffle for this weekend and tried my chocolate brownie recipe in the form of healthy waffle. I call it healthy as I have prepared it with whole wheat flour. It is crispy outside and soft, moist and porous inside. I completely enjoyed my weekend breakfast with this delicious chocolate brownie waffle, bowl of fruits and a glass of milk.
I always love to enjoy my weekend brunch in bed reading my favorite books. This waffle can be topped with whipping cream, fresh fruits, honey or powdered sugar. I have dusted some sugar and arranged green grapes. It is a big hit with my daughter and liked it so much.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of this chocolate brownie waffle below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Wheat flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
1. Take a mixing bowl, sieve the wheat flour and baking powder to it.
2. Add cocoa powder and sugar to it and mix well.
3. Add Vanilla essence and oil to it. Whisk it well to form crumbles.
4. Pour milk and whisk it without lumps to make a smooth thick batter.
5. Preheat the waffle maker (as per the instructions given with your maker) and when it is ready, grease the plates with oil.
6. Pour a ladle full of batter into the waffle plates such that it completely covers the plate.
7. Close the waffle maker and cook until the light turns off (as per my waffle maker) and it gets cooked.
8. Remove the waffle gently from the maker using a spatula.
9. It will be soft while taking and becomes little crisp as it cools.
10. Serve the waffle with your choice of topping.