Gulab jamun cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Happy blog birthday to me… Yessss.. 1st blog anniversary for Shravs Kitchen… It’s been a year since I started blogging and now the blog has become part of my life. I am emotional attached to my blog and building it everyday sincerely to gift my daughter one day. I would like to thank all my readers who supported and spent your time visiting the blog. Do extend your support in many more years to come. I would also like to thank my naughty daughter who waits patiently till I cook and click, to my husband who gets me all the props and accessories even before I ask him and to my fellow blogger friends who support and tempt me with your lovely recipes. Let’s celebrate with a delicious gulab jamun cake. Come on, have a slice and join me.
Gulab jamun is favorite sweet of many including me and if you are concerned about the calories then this a best way to enjoy gulab jamun. This doesn’t require much oil, much sugar and not deep fried. This cake tastes like a gulab jamun with its perfect flavor and aroma. I saw this recipe in a facebook group and wanted so much to try it. I feel today is the perfect day to post this special cake recipe.
Baking time : 30 minutes
No. of serving : 5
Recipe source : anuskitchen
- Gulab jamun mix – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Gulab jamuns – 3 for garnishing (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the baking pan with parchment paper and grease with oil.
2. Take gulab jamun mix in a bowl. Sift together wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda to the bowl.
3. Add cardamom powder to the flour and mix everything well.
4. In another bowl, take sugar, oil and milk. Whisk it well until sugar dissolves. This is wet ingredients.
5. Now pour the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and fold gently to get a thick batter.
6. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Let it completely cool. Dust powdered sugar on top and garnish with gulab jamun slices on top.
8. Serve and enjoy this soft, yummy cake.
- The original recipe has mentioned to powder sugar and gulab jamun mix together in a mixer before folding. It is done to avoid lumps. I didn’t powder it and folded without lumps.
- You can add cocoa powder to make chocolate gulab jamun cake.