Eggless mayonnaise recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless mayonnaise is a popular spread for bread and sandwiches and also used as dip. This mayo is eggless and tastes better than store bought one. It is also healthy as it is free from any preservatives and requires less oil. I am big fan of garlic mayonnaise and will be taking a bottle of it while getting groceries. I thought making it at home requires much effort but then realized it is effortless and can be prepared in minutes.
It is thick, creamy and easily spreadable. The taste is definitely better than the ready made mayo. It is prepared with mustard powder which is the important ingredient for this recipe. You can also make this mayo in different flavor adding garlic and chilli.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 2 cups
- Milk – 2 cups
- Corn flour – 4 tbsp
- Vinegar / lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp or as required for taste
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Pepper seeds – 1 tsp
- Sunflower oil – 3 tbsp
1. Take the corn flour in a bowl and add required milk to it. Mix without lumps and keep aside.
2. Boil milk in a pan and once it comes to boil, reduce the flame to low and pour the corn flour mixture into milk.
3. Keep whisking continuously in low flame until it the raw smell goes and becomes thick.
4. Remove from flame and let it cool. Meanwhile take mustard seeds and pepper seeds in a mortar.
5. Crush it using pastel to make a coarse powder.
6. Once the thick mixture cools, take it in the blender jar and add crushed mustard pepper powder.
7. Now add sugar, salt, oil and vinegar to it. Blend everything until creamy.
8. The tasty mayonnaise is ready.
Store in airtight container and refrigerate it. It stays good for 4-5 days if refrigerated.
It can used in sandwiches, breads, burgers and as a dip for french fries and chips.