Chocolate lava cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Chocolate lava cake is something gooey, chocolaty and moist. The best part is this cake can be prepared in minutes for your sudden craving. It is soft and fluffy outside with molten chocolate oozing out from inside. The moment I had my first spoon felt amused and was expecting something like this for a long time. Yes believe me it is rich and delicious mug cake to enjoy within minutes. I have made it with wheat flour and dates syrup for bringing healthy version. Nowadays I have restricted myself from using white sugar and using healthier alternatives as possible.
Total time required : 5 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda – pinch
- Dates syrup or sugar – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 4 tbsp
- Water – 1 tbsp
- Chocolate – 2 square bars
1. Sift wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda to a bowl.
2. Add cocoa powder to the flour and mix with a spoon.
3. Add in oil, milk and dates syrup (or sugar). Whisk well until combined and add little milk if needed to adjust the consistency.
4. Pour into greased microwave safe cup. Place the chocolate in the center of the cup and press slightly inside.
5. Cook in microwave full power for 2 minutes. The cake has to rise well to the top.
6. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes completely. Invert it to a plate or enjoy the cake as such.
Dig it in middle to enjoy the yummy gooey chocolate for the first spoon.