Eggless omelette is a tasty, quick and easy breakfast recipe. This is completely vegan and low in calories, so can be considered as weight-loss recipe. This omelette is for people who don’t eat eggs and are allergic to eggs. This tastes similar to egg omelette and healthy.
I saw this recipe in a cooking show and noted down. Tried it yesterday for breakfast and liked by all. This can also be prepared adding veggies and Spinach. You can have this as such or with a simple coconut chutney. We had this omelette with onion tomato thokku.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of eggless vegan omelette below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Besan flour / gram flour – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Salt – as required
- Oil – as required
1. Wash and chop onion and tomato very finely. Keep aside.
2. Take besan in a mixing bowl. Add salt, cumin powder, pepper powder and garam masala to it. Mix well.
3. Add chopped onion and tomato to the besan mixture along with water.
4. Mix everything without lumps to make a batter in dosa batter consistency.
5. Heat a tawa, drizzle oil and pour a ladle full of batter into the pan.
6. Spread oil on sides and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip it to the other side gently and cook for a minute.
7. The eggless vegan omelette is ready.
8. Serve it with a chutney, ketchup or mayonnaise.