Eggless ragi wheat cookies recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless ragi wheat cookies is a crispy, delicious, healthy snacks for kids and everyone at home. It is rich in Iron, protein and calcium. The cookies is made of ragi and whole wheat flour. I wanted to do some healthy bakes for Christmas and go some cookie cutters in different shapes. The rabbit cutter looked cute and I have used it to prepare this biscuits. Also I had some store bought icing tubes and decorated the biscuits using it. This can be given to kids as snacks with milk after school.
- Ragi flour – 1/2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Cold Butter – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 3 tbsp
1. Dry roast ragi flour for few minutes in a pan until it changes color and gives the aroma of roasted flour.
2. Take the roasted flour in a mixing bowl. Sift together wheat flour and baking powder to it and mix everything well.
3. Add cold butter to the flour mixture. You can also refrigerate the butter for 15 minutes before adding.
4. Add sugar and mix everything using hands to form crumbles. Then add milk and knead into smooth dough.
5. Cover the dough with cling wrap and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
6. Take the dough in a flat surface keeping butter paper on bottom and top. Roll it flat for required thickness using a rolling pin.
7. Cut the cookies into desired shapes using a cookie cutter and arrange it on a prepared baking tray.
8. Bake for about 15-18 minutes or until it turns slight brown on sides. Cool it completely.
9. Serve it with a cup of milk.
- Add little extra milk if required to form a dough. I have added 4 tbsp of milk.
- The cookie will be soft as it comes out of oven and will become crisp once it cools.
The ragi cookies is healthy and equally delicious.