Rava cake is one of the simplest cake recipe the is prepared easily in pressure cooker. I have already shared many pressure cooker recipes but this cake is my favorite cooker cake. It is super soft, spongy and moist. This is similar to basbousa and tutti fruity bundt cake recipes that I have posted.
This is also kids friendly cake as it is free from maida and has tutti fruity. I have added some coconut flakes to make it colorful and little crispy. Make this simple and tasty cake for the kids in weekends and enjoy with your family.
You may also like similar cooker cake recipes here:
- Eggless atta sooji dates cake
- Caramelized apple upside down cake
- Whole wheat ragi chocolate cake
- Basic vanilla sponge cake
- Varagu chocolate cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of eggless rava cooker cake below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 1 hour and 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- Rava – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 and 1/4 cup
- Cardamom – 3
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Tutti fruity – 1/4 cup
- Coconut flakes – 1/4 cup (optional)
1. Take a pressure cooker, add salt or sand to the bottom of cooker for about an inch height.
2. Place a bowl or plate as separator on sand. Remove gasket and whistle, close the lid and heat for 15 minutes. This is done to create preheating effect.
1. Take rava in a mixing bowl. Add crushed cardamom, salt and sugar to it.
2. Pour oil and mix everything together. Add milk and mix gently to get a thick batter like idli batter consistency. Add little extra milk if needed.
3. Add baking powder, tutti fruity, coconut flakes and fold gently until everything is combined.
4. Take a wide vessel that fits inside the cooker. Grease well with oil and dust some flour. Pour the batter to it.
5. Add some tutti fruity on top and place the vessel inside cooker without touching sides.
6. Close the lid of cooker again and bake for 45 minutes to one hour until the cake is done. Mine took 50 minutes.
7. Check if done, by inserting tooth pick at centre and allow it to cool completely.
8. Slice, serve and enjoy. You can also decorate with your favorite frosting.
- The same rava tutti fruity cake can be done in oven by preheating it and baking at 180°C for 30-35 minutes.