Rava tutti frutti cake is one of the simple and delicious cake. I love Semolina Cake as I tried basbousa before and everyone at home enjoyed it. So I wanted to make a simple bundt cake with Semolina and tutti fruity that turned out to be a great Christmas cake. The cake is soft, juicy and grainy with the chunks of tutti fruity in the middle. It is must try recipe and you will definitely enjoy it. This can also be prepared in pressure cooker.
You can also try similar rava and tutti frutti cake recipes :
Total time required : 50 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- Rava – 2 cups
- Tutti frutti – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 3/4 to 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Oil – 1/3 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar – 2 tsp for dusting (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease the bundt pan with oil and dust with little flour.
2. Take rava, sugar, cardamom powder, salt, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl and mix everything well using a spoon.
3. Add curd, oil and vanilla essence to the dry mixture and mix well. The batter has to be in thick pouring consistency. Add little milk if required to adjust the consistency.
4. Now add tutti frutti to the batter and give a quick mix. Transfer the batter to the prepared bundt pan and bake for 40-45 minutes.
5. Mine got done at 50 minutes. Keep an eye after 35 minutes. Check if done by inserting a skewer in middle.
6. Let it cool completely. Invert the cake slowly into a plate and dust with powdered sugar.
7. Slice, serve and enjoy.
You can also add lots of nuts to make it rich.