This cake is super healthy as it is prepared with wheat flour, Carrot, dry fruits and importantly no sugar or sweetener. Dates are added for natural sweetness. This cake is a must try as it is delicious and healthy. I got this recipe from Madhuram’s egglesscooking blog and slightly modified to my version.
- Wheat Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 /4 tsp
- Water – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Chopped dates – 1 cup
- Chopped nuts – 1 /2 cup
- Raisins – 1 /2 cup
- Carrot shredded – 1 cup
- Carrot juice – 1 /2 cup
1. Preheat oven for 15 minutes at 190 degree. Lightly grease and line an 8 inch cake pan.
2. Sift together the flour, baking soda and powder and salt.
3. In a saucepan, combine together the water, dates and raisins. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Let it cool and add it to the mixing bowl. Add the shredded carrots to it and mix well.
5. Add chopped nuts and carrot juice to it. combine it well.
6. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well together.
7. Pour the batter in the prepared pan, add some shredded carrots at top and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Let it completely cool in a wire rack and serve sliced.