Eggless papaya cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless papaya cake that too completely vegan?? Yes… That’s right. It is made of no eggs, no sugar, no butter, no milk or yogurt and moreover in wheat flour. So are those reasons enough for you to enjoy a guilt free cake with your family. I enjoy baking each and every day and the delicious cake that come out really motivates me to try different cakes with different ingredients. This is one of such cakes that really make me happy and proud. I had a papaya at home and was thinking of trying a cake with it. As I was in diwali mood, thought of trying it after all my diwali recipes. The moment I got the aroma of papaya in baking cake and was waiting to test its texture and taste. The taste was really good with chewy texture. Yes it is little chewy and not like other cakes but you will definitely enjoy its taste. Do try this healthy cake and give your valuable feedback.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Semolina / rava – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Papaya puree – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Rose water – 2 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Dates syrup – 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp for drizzling on top
- Honey – 1/4 cup
1. Cut papaya, remove seeds and peel the skin. Cut into pieces and add to mixer. Blend into thick puree without adding water.
2. Preheat oven to 180° C and line the baking tin with baking sheet and grease with oil.
3. Sift together wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add rava to wheat flour and mix together.
4. In another bowl take papaya puree. Add oil and honey to it and mix everything together.
5. Pour this wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix gently.
6. Add rose water and dates syrup to the mixture and fold gently to make a thick batter in pouring consistency.
7. Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean. Mine got done at 45 minutes.
8. Let it completely cool before inverting to plate. Pour dates syrup on top and garnish with glazed cherries.
9. Slice, serve and enjoy.
- If you don’t have dates syrup then add only honey and increase the quantity to 1/2 cup.
- I have added rose water for flavor. You can also add vanilla essence.