Vanilla chocolate muffins is a simple recipe that can be prepared within minutes and its definitely kids friendly snack. This is prepared with two layers of different flavors. This is an ideal dessert for any party and you would definitely try it again. I got this idea when preparing zebra cake and prepared this muffins the very next day. This is not only tasty but also healthy as it is made using wheat flour and brown sugar. The muffins are soft, moist and delightful.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Cocoa powder – 2 tblspn
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Brown sugar – 3/4 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
- Tutti fruity – 4 tblspn (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Sift wheat flour and baking powder together in a bowl. In another bowl mix together oil and sugar until sugar gets dissolved.
2. Then add yogurt and coconut milk to it and mix well. Add wheat flour mixture little by little to the wet ingredients and fold gently. Do not over mix.
3. Divide the mixture into two equal parts and add cocoa powder in one part of mixture and mix without lumps. This is chocolate batter.
4. Add vanilla essence in another half of the mixture and mix well. Line a muffin tray with paper muffin cups.
5. Pour the vanilla mix followed by chocolate mix upto 2/3 rd of the cups. Sprinkle hand full of tutti fruity on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean.
6. Cool it completely and enjoy the double decker muffins.
- Choco chips and chopped nuts can be added for crunchiness while eating.
- The muffins can be prepared in any flavors like strawberry, lemon.
- Look at the pattern at the centre of muffin in the picture below.