Eggless whole wheat waffles recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless whole wheat waffles is a one of the quick breakfast recipes. It is made with batter prepared with wheat flour or all purpose flour. The waffle is crispy outside and soft, porous inside. Waffle can be had also had as munching snacks throughout the day. I have got waffle maker as a prize from the egg-less baking contest conducted by Archanaskitchen.com. The waffle maker was received by my mother in India and I got that in this vacation to my home. So immediately tried this simple waffle recipe with the maker. This whole wheat waffle is a kids friendly recipe and can be served adding honey, maple syrup, scoop of ice cream, lots of fruits, nutella or just by dusting powdered sugar.
Total time required : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Wheat flour – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Butter / oil – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Curd – 2 tbsp
- Honey – for drizzling
1. Preheat the waffle maker as per the instruction manual. Green light will glow once the machine is switched on and after reaching desired temperature the green light goes off indicating the machine is ready. It may vary according to the waffle machine.
2. Take sugar, oil, vanilla essence and curd in a mixing bowl. Whisk well until sugar dissolves. Sift together wheat flour,baking powder to this wet ingredients.
3. Mix and pour milk little by little to the mixture. Whisk together to make a smooth thick batter.
4. Brush both sides of waffle maker with butter and pour ladle full of batter into the waffle cavity. Pour as such it spreads evenly in the holes in the waffle plate.
5. Close and cook until it turns golden which would take 4-5 minutes.
6. Open and remove the waffle using spatula and transfer to serving plate.
Dust sugar on top, drizzle honey and serve with fruits.