Eggless wheat chocolate cooker cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless wheat Chocolate cooker cake is one of the basic and healthy cake prepared with wheat flour and palm sugar. It is eggless and mild in sweetness with chocolaty flavor. The cake is spongy, soft and moist. I have slightly modified my previous cooker cake recipe. I have added gulab jamun mix too for preparing chocolate gulab jamun cake but didn’t get the gulab jamun taste as taste and flavor of chocolate dominated. This is unplanned cake recipe that I have prepared suddenly for my relatives and it is a big hit again.
Total time required : 1 hour and 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Palm sugar – 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Gulab jamun mix – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 4 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Apple – 1 for decorating
- Dates – 6
1. Fill the pressure cooker with sand or salt for about an inch. Place a separator or plate on sand, close the lid removing gasket and whistle. Heat it for 10-15 minutes to create preheated effect.
2. Sieve wheat flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, gulab jamun mix and milk powder to a mixing bowl.
3. Mix well, add oil and milk to the flour mixture. Whisk well without lumps to form a thick batter in pouring consistency.
4. Grease a vessel that fits into the cooker with oil and dust some flour. Pour the batter into the vessel and keep inside the cooker.
5. Close lid and cook for about one hour or until the inserted tooth pick at centre comes out clean.
6. Once done, switch off flame and let the cake cool completely. Run knife at edges of the vessel and invert the cake into a plate.
7. Dust some powdered sugar and decorate it as per your wish. I have arranged sliced apples and chopped dates on top.
8. Slice, serve and enjoy.
- Removing gasket and whistle while baking cake in cooker is important.
- Adding gulab jamun mix is optional. You can skip and increase the milk powder to one cup.
- You can also skip palm sugar and add one cup of normal powdered sugar.
See how spongy and moist !!!