Eggless whole wheat custard sponge cake recipe with step-wise pictures. Custard sponge cake is light, spongy and too soft. The custard powder gives a pleasant yellow color to the cake so no need to add other coloring agents. I bought a pack of custard powder a two months back and still half of the quantity remains in fridge. I have prepared custard with fruits and chocolates many times but wanted to try a different recipe with custard powder. This cake and custard powder halwa are the recipes that I had in mind. The cake turned out too good and everyone at home liked it. Yet to try a halwa recipe.
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Custard powder – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Milk – 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 180° C and line the baking tin with baking sheet and grease with oil.
2. Sift together wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add custard powder to it and mix well.
3. In separate bowl, whisk together sugar and oil until sugar gets dissolved. Then add Vanilla essence to it and mix.
4. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix gently. Then add milk to it and mix to get a thick batter in slightly pouring consistency.
5. Pour the batter into prepared tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. Insert toothpick at center to check if it is done.
6. Let it cool completely, then slice and serve.
7. Enjoy this yummilicious sponge cake.