Microwave Dates cake is an easy, quick and healthy mug cake recipe. It is egg-less, butter-less, sugar free and prepared with whole wheat flour. The cake is soft, moist and delicious. Now you can enjoy your favorite mug cake without worrying about the calories and waistline. It has goodness of dates and free from artificial sweetener and maida. You can also add some chopped nuts for crunchiness.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Strawberry mug cake
- Molten chocolate mug cake
- Coconut microwave cake
- Carrot mug cake
- Coffee cake in mug
- Chocolate microwave cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of eggless microwave dates cake below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 5 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 cup of cake
- Wheat flour – 1/3 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Milk – 1/3 cup
- Dates – 10
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mango or vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Dates syrup – for drizzling (optional)
1. Boil milk and add dates without seeds to it. Cook in low flame for a minute until dates turns soft.
2. Mash it well with spoon and allow to cool. Sift wheat flour and baking powder to a bowl.
3. Now add oil, mashed dates and little water (if needed) to the flour and mix with a spoon.
4. Add essence (I have added mango flavor) and mix well to make a smooth batter.
5. Take a microwave safe mug, grease well with oil and pour the batter until 3/4th of the mug.
6. Microwave for 2 minutes until the inserted tooth pick at center comes out clean. Mine took 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
7. Allow it to cool completely, drizzle dates syrup on top and enjoy.
8. The delicious dates mug cake is ready.