Eggless Whole Wheat Oats brownie recipe with step-wise pictures. Eggless whole wheat oats brownies is a guest post from my blogger friend Sharmila, Author at happietrioexplains.blogspot.in. I know her very recently and she is such a sweet heart. We became good friends in this short span. Do check her blog for many healthy recipes. Now over to Sharmila.
Dear all, A very warm welcome to everyone who is reading this post, I am Sharmila from thehappiefriends Corner. A very Happy New year to everyone out there!!
I am so happy and excited to write my first guest post for Swathy. Thanks Swathy, When swathy approached me to write a guest post for her space I was more happy and accepted it readily but then I was about to go on for a vacation so I told her I would require some days for the post she happily agreed and gave me all the time I wanted, so without any further delay I am up with this healthy and yummy Eggless Whole Wheat and Oats Chocolate brownies.
I know swathy only for a very few days but then we have become good friends in a very short span of time.She is such a sweet heart ,she is one of the active food blogger I have ever seen .Not even a single day she is away from her blog ,she takes care of her blog with so much love and affection I admire that a lot about her. Besides cooking is an excellent photographer even she makes amazing terracotta jewells.Swathy you should definitely give a thought to blog about them too. Now a small intro about me.
My Name is Sharmila a software engineer by profession and a Food blogger by passion, currently living in Bangalore with my Hubby and daughter. I discovered my passion for cooking only after marriage like every other girls and kept on learning and exploring from them. The idea of blogging started when I was having a casual discussion with my friends in office. And from then on no looking back .This is my first guest post in this New Year and I am so excited to start it with dear buddy Swathy.
Coming to the recipe brownie is from the U.S origin, it is a cross between the cake and cookie it can be either fudgy or gooey and chocolaty, I wanted to give an healthy try of the traditional brownies so here is my version of the Eggless Whole Wheat and Oats Chocolate brownies.
Whole Wheat Oats Chocolate brownies recipe
Recipe Cuisine: International | Recipe Category : Cakes/Bakes
Prep Time: 15 mins | Bake Time : 30 mins | Makes: 16 pieces |Author :Sharmila
- Whole wheat Flour – 1 ½ cup
- Oats – ¾ cup
- Chocolate chips – ½ cup
- Brown sugar – 4 tbsp
- Melted Dark chocolate – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Oil – 5 tbsp
1. In a blender add in the oats and grind it to a fine powder, Sieve together Oats, Whole Wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder 3-5 times and set it aside.
2. In another mixing bowl take the boiled and cooled Milk, to this add in oil and Brown sugar.
3. Mix well such that the Sugar dissolves, now slowly combine the dry and wet ingredients together in batches.
4. Fold everything together with a spatula until well combined and take care no lumps remains. Now melt the dark chocolate in microwave or in a double boiler.
5. Fold in the melted chocolate to the brownie batter and fold gently once again. Now add in the chocolate chips and mix once again.
6. Grease and line the pan with parchment paper and pour in the prepared batter sprinkle some chocolate chips if you prefer.
7. Tap the pan once are twice gently such that no air bubbles remains .Pre heat the oven at 180 Deg C for about 10 mins and then bake in 180 Deg C for about 30 mins or when a tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
• Make sure you grind the oats to a fine powder.
• Sieve the dry ingredients up to 5 times, this will ensure you get a good texture in the brownie.
• The brownie will be denser a little compared to the maida brownie.
• Tastes good with a cup of milk during breakfast.
• Can also be served along with Vanilla Ice Cream as a dessert.