Eggless whole wheat paneer cake recipe with step-wise pictures. I am excited in sharing my successful experiment with paneer cake. We make cakes using milk,curd and also ghee, then why not with another milk product paneer?Yes it turned out to be soft, moist and outstanding cake with its unique aroma filling the house. When I was preparing this cake for taking pictures, my neighbor visited me and tasted it. She was totally surprised with the taste and couldn’t even guess it was paneer. Homemade paneer or store bought can be used. To know how to make paneer at home refer notes section below. I have also tried a chocolate lava paneer muffins. Do try it and let me know your valuable feedback.
Baking time : 40 minutes
No. Of serving : 10 slices
- Paneer – 20 slices / 1 cup crumbled
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder – 1/3 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Tuttty fruity – 3 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and line the baking pan with baking sheet and grease with oil.
2. Thaw paneer, mash it with hands and take it in a mixing bowl. Add sugar, oil and vinegar to paneer and mix well. This is wet ingredients.
3. Sift together wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and cardamom powder to the wet ingredients and mix.
4. Add milk little by little to the mixture and fold gently to get a batter consistency.
5. Then add tutty fruity to the batter and give a quick mix. Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and sprinkle some tutty fruity in top.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes in preheated oven or until the inserted tooth pick comes out clean.
7. Once done, let it cool completely. Slice and serve.
- To thaw the paneer quickly, keep the paneer in microwave for 2 minutes.
- To make paneer at home : boil milk in a saucepan, add lemon juice and stir. Once milk curdles, strain the milk in cheesecloth to collect the curds and squeeze the curds to remove the water. Place it on plate and keep heavy weight on top. Let it sit for half an hour. The paneer would be ready, cut into cubes.