Yogurt chocolate brownies recipe with step-wise pictures. This yogurt chocolate brownies is moist, soft, rich and chocolaty. I tried my hands in few categories of baking and haven’t tried any brownie recipe though I like it a lot. I was craving for brownie and wanted to try a less calorie brownie without fat and eggs. This recipe came to my rescue as this is egg-less, fat free as there is no direct fat added and healthy as I prepared it with wheat flour. I have added less sugar than the original recipe as I served pouring condensed milk on top. If adding condensed milk then mentioned quantity of sugar is enough else increase it according to your taste.
- Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
- Cocoa powder – 3 tblspn
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Choco chips – 1/2 cup (semi sweetened)
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Chopped Almonds – for garnishing
1. Preheat oven to 180° C and line the baking tin with baking sheet and grease with oil.
2. Sieve the wheat flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together.
3. Melt choco chips using double boiler method** (see note section) or in microwave until it melts well.
4. Then add sugar, yogurt and vanilla essence to the melted choco chips and whisk well until combined. I have used strawberry essence.
5. Add the flour mix to this wet ingredients and mix gently.
6. Spoon the mixture into baking tin and spread evenly. Add chopped Almonds at top.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes (mentioned in original recipe) but mine got done at 35 minutes. Let it cool completely.
8. Slice and serve pouring condensed milk on top.
- Double Boiler method: Place a saucepan with water on stove and boil water. Place a heat resistant bowl on top and add the chocolate to it. Reduce the flame as water starts boiling and keep stirring the chocolate as it melts. Remove from heat as it melts completely.