Elaneer payasam is a unique kerala dessert that is prepared quickly and easily within minutes for any party. This is delicious kheer with rich coconut taste. This is not only tasty but also healthy am cooling to our body. So it is good to take once in a while. I had this payasam in a kerala restaurant in Dubai and the kheer I prepared was exactly the same I tasted.
- Tender Coconut Water – 1 cup
- Tender Coconut Flesh – 1 cup
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Coconut milk – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
- Cashews and raisins – 1/4 cup
1. Take tender coconut and the coconut water in a blender and blend into coarse puree. Set aside.
2. Take milk in a pan. Add condensed milk to it and mix well. Boil it until it reduces and becomes thick.
3. Add cardamom powder and stir well. Remove from heat and allow the milk to cool. Then add coconut milk, grinded coconut puree and stir well.
4. Heat ghee in separate pan and fry Cashews and raisins until it changes colour.
5. Add it to payasam and mix everything well.
6. Refrigerate and serve chilled.