This is my first recipe for this year vinayagar chathurthi. I had plan of making so many recipes but couldn’t fine time for posting it all. Little angel shravanthi keeps me busy all the time. I am also very happy to share with you all that my article is published in tamil magazine kumudam snegithi issue dated 15.09.2016. Coming back to the recipe, ellu kozhukattai is prepared in the same way like other kozhukattai by stuffing the ellu urundai pooranam. Sesame is very good source of iron.
Here is the recipe video of ellu kozhukattai. Click, watch and subscribe to my youtube channel.
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Water – as required for making dough
- Sesame seeds – 1/3 cup
- Jaggery – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom – 2
1. Boil water adding oil and salt. Sieve rice flour in a bowl and add water little by little to make smooth dough.
2. Dry roast sesame seeds for a minute and add it to a mixer.
3. Add jaggery and cardamom to it and grind everything together. The stuffing is ready.
4. Make small balls out of the dough and flatten it with hands.
5. Place a tsp of stuffing at one side of the dough and close it from other side. Seal the edges using hands.
6. Repeat the process for remaining dough and stuffing.
7. Steam all the kozhukattai for about 10 minutes in idly plate. Let it cool.
8. The delicious and healthy ellu kozhukattai is ready.