Falooda is a very popular indian dessert cum beverage prepared with milk, sabja seeds (falooda seeds), falooda sev and rose syrup. This is delicious and can be prepared in different flavours adding mango puree, chopped nuts, cherries and tutty fruity. I made the basic falooda recipe with rose syrup. If you dont have the falooda sev, no worries the falooda sev can be replaced with vermicelli but the sabja seeds are essential to make falooda. I have added both rose essence and rose syrup for enhanced flavour while the syrup is enough to prepare this. Do try this as it is absolutely delightful and heavenly summer dessert.
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sabja seeds – 1 tsp
- Falooda sev – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 tsp
- Rose syrup / Rooh afsa – 5 tsp
- Rose essence – 1 tsp
- Ice cream – 2 scoops
1. Soak sabja seeds in water for 30 minutes and drain excess water. It would have bloomed and increased in quantity.
2. Boil milk in a pan, add sugar and rose essence to it. Let it boil until it becomes little thick and cool it completely or refrigerate.
3. Cook the falooda sev in water for 2-3 minutes until it becomes soft and drain the water and keep aside.
4. Now everything is ready and let’s assemble the falooda.
- Take a tall serving glass and add a tsp of sabja seeds followed by a tsp of cooked sev.
- Now add a tsp of rose syrup and pour little milk to it. The seeds will float at top.
- Again add a tsp of sabja seeds, a tsp of sev, rose syrup and pour in milk until it reaches 3/4 th of the glass.
- Add the scoops of ice cream at top and drizzle some rose syrup and garnish with nuts.
5. Serve immediately and relish.