Foods for cold & cough recipes – Cold is the worst thing that could happen in this weather. I do not go to Doctor or have medicines for simple cold. Instead I follow some grandma home remedy at home even for my kid. The tablets and medicines may cure the cold immediately but will suppress immune system. Indian recipes are filled with wonderful spices that has the ability to cure cold and provide relief. Here I have combined some recipes and home remedies that I normally try at home when caught cold. Also this remedies works best for me every time and it may not work for all as everyone’s condition is different. This is also not replacement for medical advise and only a home remedy.
- Heat coconut oil and put 2-3 camphor in the warm oil. Once the camphor dissolve and the oil is warm enough to touch, apply it outside nose, forehead and chest for 6 times a day. This gives relief from running nose and cold.
- Insert some 4-5 pepper seeds in a pan and heat it with a candle. Once the steam starts coming, inhale the steam to cure blocked nose.
- Boil water and add tulasi leaves / basil leaves to the water. Drink it 4-5 times per day.
RECIPES FOR COLD AND COUGH:
1. PEPPER & GINGER KULAMBU 2. TOMATO RASAM
3. KARPOORAVALLI / AJWAIN LEAVES CHUTNEY 4. TURMERIC MASALA MILK
5. BESAN SHEERA / GRAM FLOUR MILK 6. SUKKU MALLI / CORIANDER COFFEE
7. THANDAI / SPICED MILK 8. SPICED HOT CHOCOLATE DRINK
9. PANAGAM / SPICED JAGGERY WATER