Homemade fresh fig ice cream is a simple, delicious and great way to eat figs. It is also eggless and do not need an ice cream maker. Figs are rich source of iron and good to take it often either as fresh or dried fruit. The figs when made into ice cream is rich and creamy.
This fig ice cream is one of my favorite and best summer recipe. The figs are first cooked with lemon and sugar and added to the ice cream base that is prepared. This also makes a great party recipe.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Fig banana milkshake
- Fig cherry halwa
- Gulkand ice cream
- Easy banana nutella ice cream
- Custard powder ice cream
I have uploaded the video recipe of fresh fig ice cream below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Freezing time : overnight
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Recipe reference : binjalvegkitchen
- Fresh figs – 2
- Thick cream – 1 and 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1/4 + 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Food color – a drop
1. Wash the figs, remove stem and cut into pieces.
2. Add the chopped figs to a pan along with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar, lemon juice and water.
3. Mix well and cook in medium flame until the figs turn soft and comes to jam like consistency.
4. Remove from flame and allow it to cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, take the thick cream in a wide bowl, whip it for a minute.
6. Add milk, 3/4 cup of powdered sugar and vanilla essence. Mix well and whip it again until thick and creamy.
7. Now add the prepared fig mixture and mix well with spatula. Add a drop of red food color and mix.
8. Pour the mixture into freezer safe container, cover with cling wrap and set into freezer.
9. Set it overnight or until firm. Once done, scoop and serve it.
10. The delicious, creamy fig ice cream is ready.
I have added some dried cranberries on top.
- Add condensed milk to the ice cream mixture for making it richer.
- Dried figs can also be added by soaking it until soft.