Fried vegetable balls recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Fried vegetable balls is a perfect appetizer and tea time snack recipe. The crispy fried kofta made with mixed veggies is crispy outside and succulent inside. It is tasty evening time snack that can be had with ketchup or mayonnaise. The veg balls is a perfect snack enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee in this rainy season.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of veg kofta below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
No. Of serving : 20 balls
- Potatoes – 2 medium size
- Carrots – 2
- Cabbage chopped – 1 cup
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Garam masala powder – 1 tbsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Besan / gram flour – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 4 tbsp
- Oil – for deep frying
1. Wash, peel the skin of carrot and grate it. Wash potatoes, boil it water until soft and mash well. Chop or grate cabbage finely and keep aside.
2. I have used fresh frozen peas. If using dried peas, then soak it in water and pressure cook before adding.
3. Take all the vegetables in a wide mixing bowl. Add Garam masala, asafoetida, Coriander powder, chilli powder, Turmeric powder and required salt to it.
4. Mix everything with hands until the masala gets well mixed the veggies. Now add the gram flour and rice flour and keep mixing.
5. The mixture has to be thick and has to hold shape, so adjust the quantity of gram flour accordingly. Check for salt.
6. Make small balls from this veggie mixture and keep aside. Heat pan with oil for deep frying.
7. To check the temperature, drop a small piece of mixture and it has to rise to top immediately.
8. Drop the prepared balls carefully into oil and fry in medium flame turning to all sides. Fry until the kofta turns golden and crispy.
9. Remove from oil and drain excess oil in kitchen tissues. Repeat for remaining balls frying in batches.
10. The hot, crispy vegetable kofta is ready. Serve it with ketchup or mayonnaise.