Fruits curd rice with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Fruits curd rice is a delicious, yummy south Indian lunch dish. Curd rice is my favorite from school days and I eat it daily for my lunch. This version of curd rice with dry fruits, fresh fruits, carrot and mango is absolutely delicious, colorful, creamy and heavenly.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded video recipe of fruits curd rice below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Cooked rice – 1 cup
- Curd / yogurt – 1 cup
- Grated Carrot – 1/4 cup
- Grated raw mango – 3 tbsp
- Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Green chilli – 1
- Fruits – for garnishing
- Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Peanuts – handful
- Raisins – handful
- Curry leaves – 6
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Salt – as required
1. I had cooked rice so prepared curd rice with it. If you are starting directly then pressure cook 1/2 cup of rice.
2. To make tempering, heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. Once it splutters, add urad dal and peanuts to it. Roast well until it turns golden.
4. Add curry leaves, Asafoetida, chopped green chilli and raisins to it. Saute for a minute.
5. Now add grated carrot, raw mango, chopped ginger to it. Saute well for 2-3 minutes. Remove from flame and allow to cool.
6. Take a mixing bowl, add cooked rice to it. Add curd, prepared tempering and required salt to the rice and mix everything well.
7. The delicious, creamy curd rice is ready. Garnish with fruits and coriander leaves.
8. I have added raspberries. You can add pomegranate, mango, apple, grapes or dates.