Garlic bread is the one of the tastiest and quick breakfast recipe made with minimal ingredients. This can be served as breakfast or evening snacks to kids. The flavor and aroma of garlic dominates and makes the bread aromatic. I have made it more of Indian taste with coriander leaves instead of oregano herbs. We loved eating this toast with a cup of tea in morning.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Bread slices – 8
- Garlic – 8 pearls
- Green chilly – 1 small size
- Cheese – 1 thin slice
- Coriander leaves – 2 tsp (chopped)
- Butter – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 tsp (optional)
1. Remove skin and take garlic in a mixer. Add green chilly and grind it coarsely.
2. Transfer the grounded mixture to a bowl, add grated cheese and chopped Coriander leaves.
3. Add sugar and mix everything together with spoon. Keep aside.
4. Heat a frying pan, add butter and place the bread slices on butter. Toast it for a minute.
5. Take a heaped spoon of garlic mixture and spread on top of bread slices. Cook covered for a minute.
6. Gently flip the other side and toast until golden keeping in low flame.
7. Remove from pan and serve hot.
- I felt the too much hotness with one green chilly so added a tsp of sugar. You can skip it if you are alright with the spiciness.
- Add little extra butter while toasting the side of bread that has garlic mixture as it may stick easily to the pan.