Goan Baath cake recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Goan Baath cake is a traditional, flavorful, soft semolina coconut cake prepared during Christmas in Goa. The baath cake is moist, spongy with pleasant aroma of coconut filling the entire house during baking. This cake can be prepared with fresh coconut or desiccated coconut. I prefer dry coconut due to the shelf life of cakes. I have prepared this special cake for my birthday today.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- basbousa / arabic semolina cake
- rava cooker cake
- vanilla sponge cooker cake
- hot milk sponge cake
- whole wheat custard sponge cake
- microwave sponge cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of goan baath cake below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Baking time : 30 minutes
Recipe source : betterbutter
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- Semolina / rava – 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut – 1 cup
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Milk powder – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 1/2 cup
- Curd – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 1
- Ghee – 1 tsp for greasing
1. Preheat oven to 180°C and grease the baking pan with ghee.
2. Take rava in a mixing bowl. Add coconut, sugar, Cardamom powder, baking powder, milk powder to it. Mix well.
3. Add milk, oil, egg and curd to the dry ingredients in bowl. Whisk everything using electric beater for about 10 minutes.
4. The batter has to be smooth and thick. Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and tap to remove bubbles.
5. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the inserted tooth pick at center comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely.
6. Slice, serve and enjoy this delicious coconut cake.
- For eggless version, increase the quantity of curd to 1/2 cup instead of egg.
- You can also add coconut milk instead of regular milk for added taste and flavor.