Gobi 65 is a tasty appetizer and my favorite fry recipe. I use to order this often in restaurants and like it so much. This requires little work to prepare but worth the effort to enjoy with a cup of tea in evening. It is hot, spicy and tasty snack for this weather.
- Cauliflower – 1 big size
- Besan / gram flour – 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 4 tbsp
- Corn flour – 4 tbsp
- Red chilli – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 + 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – for deep frying
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
1. Wash and cut the cauliflower into florets. Boil florets in water for a minute adding turmeric powder.
2. Drain the water completely and take it in a mixing bowl.
3. Add all the remaining ingredients except oil to the cauliflower. Sprinkle little water and mix well using hands so that it coats the cauliflower well.
4. Keep covered for few minutes. Meanwhile heat oil in wide pan for frying. Check the temperature by dropping little piece. It has to rise to top immediately, this is the correct temperature.
5. Now drop the cauliflower florets in batches to the oil and fry in medium flame until it turns brown and crispy.
6. Finally add curry leaves to the oil and fry for 30 seconds. Remove from oil and add to the fried cauliflower.
7. Drain excess oil using kitchen tissues and serve hot with ketchup.
Piping hot crispy gobi 65 is a perfect snack with tea.