Godhumai paal kozhukattai recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Godhumai paal kozhukattai is a delightful festival recipe prepared for vinayagar chaturthi. The kozhukattai is made of whole wheat flour and boiled in milk. Usually the traditional paal kozhukattai is prepared with rice flour. I have tried it with wheat flour and it is tastier than the rice flour paal kozhukattai.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of wheat paal kozhukattai below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 3-4
- Wheat flour – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
1. For making dough, sieve wheat flour to a bowl. Add salt and sugar to it and mix with a spoon.
2. Add required water little by little to the flour and mix. Knead into smooth dough. Make tiny round balls or cylinder shapes out of all the dough. Keep aside.
3. Heat a pan adding jaggery and water. Stir until jaggery dissolves and boil for 2-3 minutes. No need of any consistency, strain the jaggery syrup and keep aside.
4. Boil milk in a pan, once it comes to boil, simmer the flame and add Cardamom powder and prepared tiny balls.
5. Stir and boil it for 5-10 minutes in medium flame until the balls gets cooked. Stir occasionally with wooden ladle to prevent burning at bottom but do not stir it vigorously making balls to break.
6. Once it becomes little thick and creamy, switch off the flame. Allow it to cool a bit.
7. Now pour the prepared jaggery syrup and mix gently. Garnish with grated coconut.
8. The tasty wheat paal kozhukattai is ready. Make for this vinayagar chaturthi and enjoy.