Green gram sweet sundal recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Green gram sweet sundal is a healthy, easy to make festival recipe for navratri. This is very good to have during fasting days or as everyday evening snacks. This inippu sundal is also healthy and rich in iron. My grandma often make this at home as offering to God during pooja.
You may also like similar recipes here:
I have uploaded the video recipe of green gram sweet sundal below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Cooking time : 20 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Green gram / pacha payir – 1 cup
- Jaggery – 1/3 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut – 1/4 cup
1. Wash and soak green gram in enough water overnight. The next morning, drain from water and add it to pressure cooker along with 2 cups of water.
2. Close the lid and pressure cook for 1-2 whistles. Once pressure releases, drain the excess water and keep aside.
3. Take jaggery in a pan, add little water (approx 4 tbsp) and stir until jaggery dissolves. Filter to remove impurities and put into flame again.
4. Add salt and cardamom powder. Mix and boil the syrup in medium flame. Once it becomes little thick, add the cooked green gram and mix using spoon.
5. Cook until jaggery syrup coats the green gram and becomes thick. Add grated coconut and mix well.
6. Switch off the flame. The tasty green gram sweet sundal is ready.
7. Serve warm and enjoy. You can also add some fried Cashews and raisins.