Grilled pineapple recipe with step-wise pictures. Grilled pineapple is one of the low calorie snack. I have planned to post some easy quick weight loss recipes. This pineapple snack is a great weight loss recipe. It is easy to prepare and tastes awesome. This can also be served as evening snack for the kids. It is hot, spicy and crunchy. This can also be grilled on oven, I have toasted it on tawa.
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 3
- Pineapple – 1
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Salt – as required
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves – 1 tsp
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
1. Wash, peel the outer skin and slice the pineapple into thin circles.
2. Take chilli powder, cumin powder, salt in a plate and mix together.
3. Apply it into pineapple slices such that it coats on all sides and keep aside for 2 minutes.
4. Heat a frying pan/ tawa, drizzle olive oil and place the coated pineapple slices on pan.
5. Sprinkle some sugar on top and grill for minute on both sides. The sugar has to melt and coat well.
6. Repeat for remaining slices, arrange the grilled slices on plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve it hot as such or inserted into skewer before serving.
Drizzle some honey if you like before serving and skip adding sugar.