Guava chutney is a interesting way to have guava in spicy version. I always like to eat half ripen guava with salt and chilli powder. We had a guava tree in my grandma house long before and use to pluck fresh guavas during the season. I always cherish the moments spent playing with my cousins under the guava tree. OK, now coming back to the recipe, the chutney is both sweet and spicy. It goes as a best accompaniment for idli and dosa.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Guava – 2
- Small onions – 6
- Green chilli – 1
- Grated coconut – 3 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 6
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 1 tsp
1. Wash the guava and cut into small pieces. Add it to the blender.
2. To the blender, add small onions, green chilli, coconut, Coriander seeds and salt. Add little water and grind everything into smooth chutney.
3. Now heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once it splutters add curry leaves and saute.
4. Add the prepared chutney to the tempering and cook for a minute in low flame.
5. Serve it with idli or dosa.