Gulab jamun trifle recipe with step-wise pictures. Gulab jamun trifle is a rich, delicious, cold dessert prepared with layers of custard and gulab jamun. This is best party dessert to prepare if you have lot of gulab jamuns. Trifle is one of the recipes I wanted to prepare for a long time. I had some 10-12 milk jamuns lying in fridge so thought of making this yummy dessert. I have made rose flavored custard that would compliment with taste of gulab jamun. You can add any flavored custard of your choice. My husband liked it so much and I am sure to make it again for Diwali. What about you??
You may also like similar recipes here:
- badam pista pannacotta
- saffron poached pears
- creme caramel custard
- carrot custard
- mango custard
- chocolate mousse
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Gulab jamun – 10
- Custard powder – 2 tbsp
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – 2 tsp
1. Crumble the gulab jamun along with its sugar syrup reserving two for garnishing. You can also slice them.
2. Heat milk in a pan. Take custard powder in a bowl, add little water or milk and mix without lumps.
3. Once milk comes to boil, reduce the flame and add sugar and custard mixture. Keep stirring until the custard becomes thick.
4. Allow it to cool. Take a tall serving glass, add 3 tbsp of cooled custard, then add 2 tbsp of gulab jamun crumbles.
5. Add some custard mixture again followed by gulab jamun mixture layering one after another until it comes to 3/4th of the glass.
6. Now garnish with gulab jamun on top and add some crushed nuts. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. The delicious gulab jamun trifle is ready. Serve chilled and enjoy.