Summer is a time when I prepare lots of juices and drinks everyday and put into refrigerator. My most common ingredients used in summers are badam pisin, vendhayam and vetiver. I prepare some refreshing drinks using these ingredients and relish throughout the day. I take vendhayam water daily in morning.
Shravanthi liked the sweet lassi that I have prepared already and posted. When I asked her if she wants to drink lassi, she was excited and shouted “lachee,lachee” in her language. This little girl has learnt so many words after coming to her grandma home. So I thought of preparing sweet lassi with gulkand, honey, vendhayam water and badam pisin, that I have soaked overnight. We had a refreshing and delicious lassi. Yes believe me, it was super delicious and I will be making it again for sure.
You can also like similar recipes here:
- Vetiver sharbat
- Badam pisin milk sharbat
- Cucumber lassi
- Punjabi sweet lassi
- Paan gulkand shots
- Madurai jigarthanda
I have uploaded the video recipe for this gulkand badam pisin lassi. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Soaking time : overnight
Total time required : 5 minutes
No. Of serving : 2
- Thick curd – 2 cups
- Cardamom – 2
- Gulkand – 2 tsp
- Honey – 2 tsp
- Badam pisin – 3 tbsp
- Fenugreek water – 1 cup (optional)
1. Soak four pieces of badam pisin in water overnight. Wash and soak Vendhayam (fenugreek seeds) in water overnight in seperate bowl.
2. Next morning, strain only the vendhayam water and discard the residue. Drain badam pisin gel from water.
3. Take a blender, add curd, vendhayam water, cardamom, gulkand, honey and badam pisin to it.
4. Blend everything until smooth. Pour into tall serving glass and garnish with chopped nuts.
5. You can also refrigerate, Serve chilled and enjoy.
- You can also add normal water or skip it to get a thick lassi.
- Adding honey is also optional. I have added to adjust the sweetness.