Orange jam is an easy, delicious and sweet spread prepared at home. This yummy jam spread on toasted bread makes a great breakfast. It is also better than store bought jams in bottles, as it is free from preservatives and artificial flavors or colors. I wanted to make jam recipe for a long time but couldn’t do it as I am the only person at home who likes jam. I was craving to eat jam so thought of preparing with few oranges that I had at home. I have mentioned the quantity for making one jar of jam so don’t compare with the quantity in pictures.
The jam will be thin when hot and thickens more as it cools down so remove from the flame accordingly. You can also have a look at my tomato jam recipe that I have posted long before. I have added some chopped skin peel finally to the jam. You can add it to jam or prepare orange peel rasam with the skin and don’t have to discard it.
I have uploaded the video recipe for this homemade orange jam below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 25 minutes
- Oranges – 1 kg
- Sugar – 250 gms
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
1. Peel the skin of oranges and add the orange fruit to blender. Blend well and extract the fresh Orange juice.
2. Heat a wide pan, add Orange juice to it and boil in medium flame.
3. Once it comes to boil, reduce the flame and add sugar to it.
4. Mix well and keep cooking in low flame until it reduces to half quantity.
5. Continue cooking by stirring occasionally until it comes to thick flowing consistency. It would change color and become slightly dark.
6. Remove from flame and add lemon juice. Mix well and allow it to cool completely.
7. Once cooled store in airtight container and refrigerate.
8. It stays good for a week and gives a little bitter taste if stored for longer duration.
You can spread this yummy jam on toasted bread for breakfast or make jam filled cookies.