Plum jam recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Plum jam is a simple yet yummy fresh fruit jam recipe that is prepared easily at home with two main ingredients. This jam recipe is pectin free and free from artificial preservatives and colors. I had a pack of plums lying in fridge so made this fresh jam which is definitely better than the store bought jam in taste.
You may also like similar homemade recipes here:
- homemade chocolate milk powder
- orange marmalade jam
- tomato jam
- homemade peanut butter
- eggless mayonnaise
- rose milk with homemade rose syrup
I have uploaded the video recipe of homemade plum jam below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Total time required : 60 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium jar of jam
- Fresh chopped plums – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Lemon – 1
1. Wash the plums, cut into two halves. Remove the pits and chop into pieces. Keep aside.
2. Place a wide heavy bottomed pan in flame. Add the chopped plums into the pan along with sugar.
3. Squeeze the lemon juice and stir until sugar dissolves. Cook in medium flame stirring continuously to prevent sticking.
4. Once it starts boiling, simmer the flame and continues cooking stirring occasionally. Gently mash the plum pieces with wooden ladle.
5. The bubbles will rise to the top and the color will darken as it cooks. Cook until it turns thick.
6. To check the consistency of jam, put a spoon of cooked mixture into ceramic plate. Once it is hot enough to touch, run your finger through the jam and it has to leave the track clear without combining together.
7. Once done, remove from flame. Allow to cool a bit, transfer into sterilized glass jar. Keep refrigerated and it remains good for 3 months time.
8. Spread it on bread, sandwiches and enjoy this homemade plum jam.
- Sterilize the jars, ladle before storing the jam. I have placed the glass jar in water and boiled it for 5 minutes.
- Transfer jam to the warm jar and close the lid once it cools.
- I have added the lemon juice after removing jam from flame.