Hot milk cake recipe with step-wise pictures and video recipe. Hot milk cake is a traditional moist and delicate vanilla cake that is served plain or with frosting. It is simple and easy to make with minimal ingredients. Each piece of cake is light, fluffy, flavorful and aromatic. This is my best ever spongy cake and I enjoyed having it as tea time cake with coffee.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- Vanilla cake with whipped cream frosting
- chocolate cake with coffee ganache
- whole wheat microwave dates cake
- vanilla sponge cake in cooker
- varagu chocolate cooker cake
I have uploaded the video recipe of hot milk cake below. Subscribe to my YouTube channel for more video recipes.
Baking time : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 1 medium size cake
- All purpose flour / Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Eggs – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Butter – 2 tbsp
1. Preheat oven to 180° C and grease the baking pan with oil and dust some flour.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and keep aside.
3. Heat milk and butter in a pan until butter melts. Keep it hot.
4. Take eggs in a wide bowl. Beat the eggs in high speed for 3 minutes or until it is thick and changes color slightly.
5. Add sugar and beat it again in medium speed for 3-4 minutes.
6. Now add the flour mixture, vanilla essence and hot milk to the egg mixture. Blend well until combined into smooth batter.
7. Pour the batter into prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Allow it to cool completely in the pan. Invert and cut into pieces.
10. The tasty hot milk cake is ready.